This page contains a list of currently available positions:
Neuro Data Engineer (Software Engineer for Neuroscience)
The Seung Lab is looking for talented, enthusiastic, relentlessly curious software engineers to take on the challenge of mapping the mammalian brain. Help us answer the ultimate question: How do the 80 billion neurons in your 3 pound brain create thoughts, feelings, and perceptions?
Here at the Seung Lab, there’s a lot of things happening that you could join in on:
- Automate reconstruction of neural circuits in the cerebral cortex
- Develop a computation platform capable of analyzing petavoxel images of brain
- Work with social computing and citizen science in collaboration with EyeWire
- Implement the latest and greatest technologies in computer vision and deep learning
- Whatever you do, you’ll have a direct impact on the future of neuroscience!
Interested in joining the team? Please email your CV and a longish code sample directly to Prof. Sebastian Seung <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
If you want a better idea about what we’ve been up to, check out the links below. We’ve been covered by the New York Times, NPR, Wired, and more:
- B.S. in computer science, physics, math, engineering, or a related field
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
Experience in any of the following is a plus but not required:
- AWS and/or Google Cloud
- User interface development with Qt
- OpenMP, MPI, GPUs
- Image processing, imagery analysis, or computer vision
- 3D graphics using OpenGL or Webgl